The General Secretariat of King Faisal International Prize is pleased to announce nomination for the 1434H / 2013G King Faisal International Prize (KFIP) for:
Service to Islam
- Nominations should be from Islamic institutions or centers as well as universities. Nominations are also accepted from previous winners of The King Faisal International Prize. Nominations are not accepted from individuals or political parties.
- The nominee or nominated institution(s) must be known for their leading practical and/or intellectual role in the service of Islam and Muslims.
REQUIREMENTS FROM NOMINATING BODY:
- An official letter of nomination for each nominee separately, adequately justifying the nomination and outlining the nominee's services to Islam and Muslims.
- A general information form filled by the nominee; this form can be duplicated if more than one candidate is nominated.
REQUIREMENTS FROM EACH NOMINEE:
- A typed curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- One high resolution color photo of the nominee (10 x 15 cm).
Nomination documents will not be returned
- A certificate written in Arabic calligraphy, describing the work for which the winner is awarded the Prize.
- A Commemorative 24-carat, 200-gram gold medallion.
- A sum of SR 750,000 (US$ 200,000).
- Nominations are judged exclusively on the basis of outstanding Service to Islam and Muslims.
- Any nomination not fulfilling all conditions and requirements shall be excluded.
- More than one winner may share the Prize.
- The decision of the Prize's Selection Committee is final.
- Winners will be announced in Safar 1434H occurring January 2013G and honored at an official ceremony later in Riyadh.
- All required documents must be received no later than Tuesday 10 Jumada II 1433H occurring 1 May 2012G at the following address:
The General Secretariat
King Faisal International Prize
Al-Khairia Building, King Fahd Road
P.O. Box 22476 Riyadh 11495
For inquiries, please contact above address or:
Tel: +(966-1) 465 2255
Fax: +(966-1) 465 8685
Back to the Top of this Page