The General Secretariat of King Faisal International Prize is pleased to announce nomination for the 1434H / 2013G King Faisal International Prize (KFIP) for Science in the topic:
- Nominations should be from universities, research centers and other learned circles. Nominations are also accepted from previous winners of King Faisal International Prize. Nominations are not accepted from individuals or political parties.
- Nominated works must be published, benefit mankind and enrich human knowledge.
- Dissertations are not accepted.
REQUIREMENTS FROM NOMINATING BODY:
- An official letter of nomination for each nominee separately, adequately justifying the nomination and outlining the nominee's achievements in the prize field.
- A list of nominated works.
- A general information form filled by the nominee; this form can be duplicated if more than one candidate is nominated.
REQUIREMENTS FROM EACH NOMINEE:
- A typed curriculum vitae of each nominee with a list of his/her publications.
- One original of each nominated paper. The total number of nominated papers should not exceed 10.
- Six copies of each nominated book and/or book chapter. The total number of nominated books and/or book chapters should not exceed 6.
- One high resolution color photo of each nominee (10 X 15 cm).
Nomination documents and nominated works will not be returned
- A certificate written in Arabic calligraphy, describing the work for which the winner is awarded the Prize.
- A Commemorative 24-carat, 200-gram gold medallion.
- A sum of SR 750,000 (US$ 200,000).
- Nominations are judged exclusively on the basis of merit.
- Any nomination not fulfilling all conditions and requirements shall be excluded.
- More than one winner may share the Prize.
- The decision of the Prize's Selection Committee is final.
- Winners will be announced in Safar 1434H occurring January 2013G and honored at an official ceremony later in Riyadh.
- All the required documents must be received no later than Tuesday 10 Jumada II 1433H occurring 1 May 2012G at the following address:
The General Secretariat
King Faisal International Prize
Al-Khairia Building, King Fahd Road
P.O. Box 22476 Riyadh 11495
For inquiries, please contact above address or:
Tel: +(966-1) 465 2255
Fax: +(966-1) 465 8685
Back to the Top of this Page